The 5th Asia-Pacific International Society of Microbial Electrochemistry and Technology Conference (5th AP-ISMET) hosted by the Harbin Institute of Technology, School of Environment was originally scheduled to be held on March 6-9, 2020, at Harbin Victories Hotel, Harbin, China. Preparations were completed and 300 participants were expected.
In accordance with the relevant national and provincial regulations for the control of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) epidemic, the Harbin Institute of Technology has adopted a prevention policy stipulating that “All forums, formations, lectures, performances, competitions, admissions examinations, and other large collective activities will be cancelled" until further notice. According to this regulation, Harbin Institute of Technology, School of Environment has requested the postponement of the 5th AP-ISMET. The conference organizing committee will make the following notifications in order:
1. In its initial assessment, the organizing committee has decided to postpone the 5th AP-ISMET conference to a date to be determined in the middle of August 2020. The meeting topics and activities will remain unchanged.
2. For the participants who have completed registration and payment, all the conference activities registered for participation will be valid at the time of the conference and will continue to be implemented.
3. For delegates who have already paid their fees and are unable to attend the conference in August, the organizing committee will refund the registration fees after the August conference.
4. The 5th AP-ISMET special issue in Science of the Total Environment will continue to be implemented as originally planned.
5. Because of the postponement of the conference, abstracts submission deadline will be extended to May 30, 2020, and conference registration deadline will be extended to June 30, 2020.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the postponement of the 5th AP-ISMET conference. We express our heartfelt thanks for your understanding and look forward to the end of the epidemic.
Organizing Committee of The 5th AP-ISMET Conference
January 27th, 2020